Saturday, August 27, 2011

Life's Biggest Questions

Life's Biggest Questions by Erik Thoennes
Crossway, 2011
174 pages
Non-fiction; Christian
5/5 stars

Source: Received a free copy through Amazon's Vine program.

I realized I kind of made a mistake in requesting this book once I started reading it. Not because it wasn't good, well-written, interesting, engaging. But because I wanted to be reading it with a book club and taking part in a discussion. I also wanted to add the many suggested books to my already massive to-be read list.

This is a tiny book but a really excellent one that packs a punch. There are sixteen chapters answering the questions posed on the cover that are answered in clear language; Thoennes also includes end of chapter discussion questions and extensive additional reference suggestions. I found this book filled with good stuff.

My favorite chapter was probably the one about the Trinity, an idea which I've struggled with since I prepared for my baptism. It's so hard for me to wrap my mind around but the description and questions posed within have already helped me. As I continue to mull and pray about the Trinity, I feel that I will gain more understanding about the Trinity and thus about God.

Overall: A good, deep, biblical read; recommended especially for people just starting to study the Christian faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...