Princess Bookie is hosting her Contest Craze and the first challenge is to list our top 5 most wanted books for 2011; this is kind of hard for me because I don't really follow release dates but I have found 5 that I'm super excited about!
[Links go to goodreads page]
1. Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott: all of Scott's books are automatic reads for me and this is apparently due May 2011. I don't know anything about it other than that it's part of the Contemps Challenge but it's my number 1 pick.
2. Wither by Lauren DeStefano: Has one of the most gorgeous covers I've ever seen and that's my main reason for wanting to read it. Yes, I judge books by their covers! (Due March 2011)
3. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore: The third book in the Seven Kingdoms series; I loved Graceling and mostly liked Fire so I have high hopes for this. This focuses on Bitterblue, a character in Graceling. (Due April 2011)
4. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater: The third book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. After the cliffhanger in Linger, I'm dying for this (and rooting for a lavender cover as the color that would look best with the other two books). (Due July 2011)
5. Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready: The second book in the Shade series; I thought it had an interesting mythology and I can't wait to see how she expands the universe. (Due May 2011)
So I have to stop now but there are so many appealing sounding books coming. I realized that most of my picks are in series but I'm also looking forward to discovering new series/authors! If you didn't know about these books, I hope you keep them on your radar and check them out when they arrive.