Saturday, November 27, 2010

Breakfast at Tiffany's (Film)

Breakfast at Tiffany's, 1961
Starring Audrey Hepburn and Mickey Rooney
Directed by Blake Edwards
Based on a novella by Truman Capote

I will admit that I'm not a big fan of this movie but after watching some really violent war films, my friend and I wanted to watch a film that a. featured no deaths and b. had some women.  Check and check plus the bonus of an adorable cat!  Of course there is Rooney's awful racist portrayal of a Japanese landlord which left us cringing and is definitely a minus.

But I loved her clothes and I could almost buy this as a romance, especially with the ending in the rain.  Overall I would say that you should see this film if you haven't!

1 comment:

  1. This movie is on my wishlist and first, I want to read the novella, which is also on my wishlist. I have seen pictures from this movie and I definitely love her clothes, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...