Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Murder at the Vicarage

Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie
1930
288 pages
Mystery
The First Miss Marple!

Summary: Introduction of Miss Marple as she solves the murder of the despised Colonel Protheroe.

Thoughts: I have read a few other Miss Marples and I definitely prefer her to Poirot; I'm not really sure why. I love when she brings in references to events that don't seem to have any significance to the story. I really liked the characters and while I didn't solve the mystery I did not establish an attachment toward her/him as I have done in other mysteries. The vicar, who narrates, is quite likeable. And of course we get to meet Miss Marple.

Overall: 3.5/5 The story starts out fine but it falters toward the end. Of course I will continue to read all of the Christies.

1 comment:

  1. Cool, I also like miss Marple better than Poirot. Nice review. I haven't read this Christine yet, but the cover is very appealing.;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...