Sunday, May 16, 2010

DNF-Fingersmith

Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
Rivershead Books, 2002
511 pages
Historical Fiction; Romance

I only ended up reading about 200 pages which includes Part I and part of Part II partly because I ran out of time and had to return it to the library and partly because I didn't like it that much. Sue, the narrator of Part I, is not particularly likeable in my opinion and the Victorian area is not one of my favorites (unless it's the aristocracy/royals). I may try to read this again in the fall but for now I will let it go.

2 comments:

  1. I've been curious about this book. It is in 1,001 Books You Must Read Before You Die but I don't know that I would like it either. I will definitely get it from a library rather than buy it if I ever do decide to read it. I have heard her writing compared to Dickens before. Her newest one is supposed to be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know it was on the 1001 list but I didn't think that much of it. I also don't really see the Dickensian part of her writing other than both of them wrote books set in the Victorian era.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...