Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Body in the Library

The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie
Black Dog and Leventhal Publishers, 1941
191 pages
Mystery
Miss Marple

Summary: A woman's body is found in the library of Miss Marple's neighbors. Can she solve this mix of hotel workers, show business, and simple country folk and clear the neighbors's good name?

Thoughts: I actually figured out part of the murder! Not who and not why but part of the how! I'm so excited and that accounts partly for my enjoyment of this book in preference to yesterday's Murder at the Vicarage. Another part is its shorter length which meant there was less time for boring village conversations and getting to the point much faster. I would definitely recommend this mystery as an introduction to Miss Marple and I love the pink cover of the new edition.

Overall: 4 out of 5-largely because I figured out part of the murder.

Have finished 18 AC out of 81 in my personal AC challenge!

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...