Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Coffeehouse Angel

Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors

Summary: Katrina works in her grandmother's struggling coffeehouse; one day she does a completely selfless good deed for Malcolm and he becomes determined to reward her with unintentional results.

I enjoyed Selfors' "Saving Juliet" so when I saw this on my library's shelf, I picked it up and devoured it in a few hours-I could not stop reading it!

Katrina was a fun protagonist; it was very easy to root for her-I desperately wanted her to succeed and in general I agreed with her assessments of the situation and other people (unlike in other books where I end up hating the main character and find her annoying). I liked her realism as when she talked about only having two friends, thinking about family, and planning her responses to difficult things.

I will admit this book is largely predictable (Will Katrina be able to earn enough money to pay off the bills? Is there a love interest for a happily ever after? What do you think?) but it was thoroughly enjoyable and there are some twists in the story.

Overall: 4.5/5 for a delightful story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...