Monday, June 28, 2010

The Secret of Chimneys (Movie)

The Secret of Chimneys
This aired on Masterpiece Mystery last week and I was excited because I love Agatha Christies and I'm very interested in seeing different adaptations of her work. I was especially excited because I had read this mystery. But then I saw that Miss Marple was in it and I was confused because she was definitely NOT in the book. I guess that was a way to tie it together with the other Christies they're airing and utilize the amazingness of Julia McKenzie.

I don't know if this was because Miss Marple was part of the story or what but they changed a lot including condensing several characters in to one and changing the murderer and motive. Luckily they retained Anthony Cade and his romance which was my favorite part of the book.

I think that I may be posting more about movies, providing they have a literary connection, in the future because I do watch a lot of movies and I have been slowing with my reading.

1 comment:

  1. I never watched this, but I would! Iused to watch those Poirot movies and loved them.
    Sure, review movies. Movie reviews'd be great to read too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...