Sunday, June 10, 2012

Week of 10JUN12: Be Awesome Instead

I had some disappointing news this week-not too terrible but it made me want to cry. After a few hours though I was kind of sick of myself and I thought of this "How I Met Your Mother" quote, which I first saw on Pinterest but can be found here:


So to be awesome, I started thinking of cool things to anticipate, such as my upcoming 3rd blogoversary! Okay, it's not actually until November but I'm glad I started planning now so that it can hopefully turn out the way I want it to and so that everyone can have a lot of fun (hint: expect multiple giveaways :)

Plus my Saturday was very enjoyable. My car went in for maintenance (just its annual check-up), I learned how to crochet, rediscovered a latch-hook project, and had a great Zumba class (my teacher found out that I love to punch the air and had a couple of routines that incorporated that).

Also I read Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein, which I was pretty sure I would love based on the description but lately I've just been in a bit of a rut and not loving books as much as I want to. Um, not the case here. 5/5 stars and rave review to come this week-hopefully I can write something to do justice to this amazing book.

How has your weekend been? Hope the reading is going well!

6 comments:

  1. You've got a great outlook if you were able to do this. Allow yourself to be upset for a little while - and then remind yourself how freaking awesome you are. Great mantra to live by. Many hugs and I hope things are looking up for you.

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your bad news :( Sending you hugs and hoping things improve for you. You are right though, you are awesome :)

    I'm so glad you loved Code Name Verity! I'm very much looking forward to reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it takes guts and inner strength to be able to do what you did and look past bad news and think of positive things in your life.

    Thanks for sharing that great quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Code Name Verity is at the top of my want list.

    I hope you get even more good news to cancel out the disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE BARNEY STINSON. I had no idea you were a How I Met Your Mother fan too -- that's just reason #92746723 why you're awesome! ;) But I'm so sorry to hear that you got some bad news recently! I'm sending you a gazillion digital hugs right now, and I really hope that everything gets better or that you can at least find a way to be awesome through it. (You're doing a great job so far! <3)

    And I feel like everyone is falling in love with Code Name Verity right now, so I'm kinda slapping my forehead that I passed up the chance to review it! I guess I'll have to wait for your 5-star review, which will probably convince me to go out and get my own copy anyways ;)

    Wishing you the absolute best, B! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear that. It can be hard to recover from bad news. I agree with Liviania -- some good news will surely be coming your way soon!

    I'm also a huge HIMYM fan! Barney cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...