Thursday, September 1, 2011

August Stats

Looking Back at August: I learned an important lesson about being more restrained when requesting books from Netgalley as several galleys I wanted to read had expired because it had been almost a year. Alas I also had some difficulties when three books were archived by the publisher even before the release date! I thought they were supposed to remain on there at least until the release date and it has dampened my interest in reading two of them.

And although I read a great deal, I had a lot of disappointing books. My average rating on the books is significantly down this month due to the lackluster books. I am hopeful for a better experience this month.

Looking Forward to September: I'm trying to catch up with my Netgalley books so expect some reviews of those. It also looks like a mostly YA month so that should be a lot of fun.  I would also say that almost all of the books I will review were published this year, which is unique for me in that I usually try to pepper in some older books too.
Monthly Stats:
Books Read This Month: 33
Pages Read This Month: 9720 pages
Average Length of Book:  295 pages
Average Rating of Book: 3.52-a very bad month
Favorite Book: Hands down-Okay For Now by Gary Schmidt-go read this now!
Most Disappointing Book: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins; I admire Perkins for writing contemporary romances but neither of her books have worked for me yet no matter how much I want them to.
Longest Book: Goliath by Scott Westerfeld at 543 pages
Shortest Book: Ember by Bettie Sharpe-a quickie at 141 pages; I highly recommend this because it's available for free on her website!

Year Stats:
Total Books Read: 305
Total Pages Read: 90,740
Average Length of Book: 298 pages
Average Rating of Book: 3.52

By Genre:
Mystery/Thriller-0
YA/MG-27
Romance-1
Classics-0
Science Fiction/Fantasy-0
Non-Fiction-3
Historical Fiction-1
Short Stories-0
Other-1

Challenge Updates:
Contemps: 1 read, 17 total
Cozy: 0 read, 5 total
British Books: 1 read, 39 total
YA Debut: 8 read, 43 total
Ebook: 11 read, 100 total

Source:
Home Library-14
Own/Borrowed/Won-3
Booksneeze-1
Netgalley-8
Other ebook source-4
Audiobook-0
Amazon Vine-3

Stats for Previous Months: January; February; March; April; May; June; July

Books Read:
273. Life's Biggest Questions by Erik Thoennes
274. I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler
275. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
276. Moonglass by Jessi Kirby
277. Compulson by Heidi Ayarbe
278. A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young
279. Ember by Bettie Sharpe
280. Fury by Elizabeth Miles
281. Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
282. The Rites and Wrongs of Janice Wills
283. Babe in Boyland by Jodi Gehrman
284. A Vision of Lucy by Margaret Brownley
285. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
286. Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter
287. Be the People by Carol M. Swain
288. Fail Harder by failblog
289. Witchlanders by Lena Coakley
290. The Demon's Surrender by Sarah Rees Brennan
291. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
292. The Wolf of Tebron by CS Lakin
293. In Trouble by Ellen Levine
294. Bitter End by Jennifer Brown
295. Pearl by Jo Knowles
296. This Girl is Different by JJ Johnson
297. Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
298. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
299. Guantanamo Boy by Anna Perera
300. Cat Vs Human by Yasmine Surovec
301. The Princess Curse by Merrie Haskell
302. Okay For Now by Gary Schmidt
303. Goliath by Scott Westerfeld
304. Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard
305. Ripple by Mandy Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...