Friday, April 1, 2011

March Stats

Info:
I had my first experience with EM Forster and ended disappointed.  Now this is a guy who said, "I am a Jane Austenite, and therefore slightly imbecile about Jane Austen" so I really want to like him but I did not.  Should I still give A Room With a View or Howards End or a different book a try or just give up on him (for now at least)?

I discovered that I have very high expectations for fantasy or paranormal or dystopian YA that tends to result in disappointment; hyped books also tend to make me unhappy although not always. I feel like I hold contemporary to an entirely different standard which you might be able to see reflected in my ratings and reviews. I don't know if it's because I prefer contemporary nor do I know why I prefer contemporary but for me contemporary > paranormal.

I also had some slow reading periods as my schoolwork increased but then really good reading periods such as my spring break.  I still have plenty of reviews planned, largely ebooks from Netgalley and Simon and Schuster's GalleyGrab (an awesome program).  I was also invited to become a part of Amazon's Vine program so I will be reviewing books from that.  And of course I am a frequent visitor at my library.

April also marks the start of judging for the YA Best Overlooked Book Battle of 2011. I can't wait to get started; see this post for more info.

Monthly Stats:
Books Read This Month: 36
Pages Read This Month: 11,133
Average Length of Book: 309 pages
Average Rating of Book: 3.81
Favorite Book: One of Our Thursdays Is Missing by Jasper Fforde
Least Favorite Book: The Trial by Franz Kafka 
Longest Book: The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas, 700 pages
Shortest Book: The Manchurian Candidate by Greil Marcus, 75 pages

Year Stats:
Total Books Read: 104
Total Pages Read: 30,177
Average Length of Book: 290
Average Rating of Book: 3.81

By Genre:
Mystery-1
YA/MG-19
Romance-4
Classics-3
Science Fiction/Fantasy-1
Non-Fiction-5
Historical Fiction-3
Short Stories-0
Other-0

Challenge Updates:
Contemps: 4 read, 7 total
Cozy: 1 read, 2 total
British Books: 6 read, 22 total
YA Debut: 1 read, 8 total
Ebook: 13 read, 35 total

Source:
Home Library-0
School Library-14
Own/Borrowed-9
Booksneeze-0
Netgalley-9
Other ebook source-4
Audiobook-0

Read for school: 4
Read for pleasure: 32

Stats for Previous Months: January; February;

Books Read (Link for those reviewed):
69. Found in Translation by Roger Bruner and Kristi Rae Bruner
70. She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell
71. The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher
72. Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances O'Roark Dowell
73. You Wish by Mandy Hubbard
74. The Manchurian Candidate by Greil Marcus
75. One of Our Thursdays is Missing by Jasper Fforde
76. Stay by Deb Caletti
77. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
78. Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho by Stephen Rebello
79. Matched by Ally Condie
80. The Making of Star Wars by JW Rinzler
81. The Trial by Franz Kafka
82. Everything I Was by Corinne Demas
83. Catching Katie by Robin Lee Hatcher
84. The Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder
85. Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh (Reread)
86. Bless the Bride by Rhys Bowen
87. Savannah Grey by Cliff McNish
88. Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler
89. The Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen
90. Small Acts of Amazing Courage by Gloria Whalen
91. William and Kate by Christopher Andersen
92. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
93. Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz
94. Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink
95. Rival by Sara Bennett Wealer
96. William and Kate by Robin Nunn
97. The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
98. So Shelly by Ty Roth
99. Cinderella: Ninja Warrior by Maureen McGowan
100. The Making of The Empire Strikes Back by JW Rinzler
101. The Betrayal of Maggie Blair by Elizabeth Laird
102. The Lightkeeper's Ball by Colleen Coble
103. Entwined by Heather Dixon
104. Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons

2 comments:

  1. You had another great reading month! 36 books is very impressive. As for EM Forster, I think you should give him just one more chance before giving up on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so bowing down to your awesomeness. 36 books?! And one is The Three Musketeers? That is amazing! Congrats to you for being selected for Amazon's vine program. Sounds like this has been a good month for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...