YA; Contemporary; Paranormal
Read for Ebook challenge
Source: Free ebook
Summary from goodreads: "Alexis Ames decides to learn who she really is, with or without the help of her mother, who guards their secrets closely. After meeting Tristan Knight and discovering that he s not normal either, the secrets begin to unravel. Their union brings promise to the future of mankind. But it also incites a dangerous pursuit by the enemy. Because they are a match made in Heaven and in Hell."
I think the simplest way to sum this book up would be that it is very like Twilight which, coming from me, is not a compliment. If you like Twilight, you would probably like this book.
However I thought there were too many points that reminded me negatively of Twilight:
- Multiple descriptions of the incredible attractiveness of the guy and the comparative plainness of the girl
- Guy far older than girl; he looks between 19 and 24 despite being born in the 1700s
- Girl's attainment of powers will render her very powerful but until then, she's pretty vulnerable
- Girl unaware of most of the mythology and thus reader is also unaware
- Long lead-up to the action-filled parts
- Youthful marriage and strenuous honeymoon
- Repetition of certain words, in particular "promise"
Cover: I like the purple of the flower but not the cover as a whole.