Sunday, January 1, 2012

Favorites of 2011

I wanted to highlight my favorite 12 books from 2011 (as chosen in each monthly stats post); there are actually 15 because I chose three in April (my best reading month with 53 books read)

January
The Ramayana trans. RK Narayan
February
Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund
March
One of Our Thursdays Is Missing by Jasper Fforde
April (Three picks)
Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt
The Thin Executioner by Darren Shan
Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher
May
Mercy by Rebecca Lim
June
The Wedding of the Century and other stories by Mary Jo Putney, Kristin James, and Charlotte Featherstone
July
Draw the Dark by Ilsa J. Bick
August
Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt
September
All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
October
Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver
November
Rilla of Ingleside by LM Mongtomery
December
There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones

3 comments:

  1. I love L.M. Montgomery, but I have never read Rilla of Ingleside, I will have to check it out, and I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on There You'll Find Me.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look for that translation of The Ramayana! I don't think I've ever read the entire thing. As a kid, I had some comic books that illustrated various stories like that one. I also want to try the Thursday Next series and Liesl and Po.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an AWESOME taste in books! I read There You'll Find Me last year and I loved it. :D

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...