Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Third Girl (Film)

The Third Girl, 2008
Based on Agatha Christie's novel
Starring David Suchet as Hercule Poirot and Zoƫ Wanamaker as Ariadne Oliver
4/5 stars

I've never read this book although I will at some point. It's not one of the best known and that makes sense. Surprisingly I actually puzzled out some of the mystery, probably because there were only about six suspects which makes the odds in my favor.

I was particularly struck by Poirot's anger when he gets to the denouement. I loved Wanamaker who provided a bit of comic relief as the mystery writer based on Christie herself. She provided several useful pieces of information that helped Poirot reach his conclusions.

Overall: It's not a bad way to pass some time but it's not a must-see.

3 comments:

  1. I have seen a few Poirot movies, but not this one. I mean, yes, these movies are a great way to pass a rainy afternoon. You play the detective a bit and that's always fun.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched this also but it is definitely not my favorite. I didn't care for the main character. She was annoying even though there were explanations later on for her behavior. The story just wasn't what I was expecting. It was too melodramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a boring novel I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...