Tuesday, December 20, 2011
#NetGalleyMonth Sign Up @WilowRedHouse
1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer, which I've been saving for 2012 so it can count toward the Debut Author Challenge. I love Cinderella retellings so I have high hopes for this one!
2. Ditched by Robin Mellom, this one looks like a cute contemporary and I've enjoyed a lot of Disney-Hyperion books so I think this one will be right up my alley.
3. The Whole Story of Half a Girl by Veera Hiranandani, deals with the very timely topic of what happens with a parent is out of work and how that affects the whole family as well as featuring a bi-cultural MC.
4. Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic, a contemporary I've been saving to count toward the Debut Author Challenge.
5. My Awesome/Awful Popularity Plan by Seth Rudetsky, the ah-mazing host of a show on Sirius XM Broadway Channel. I've read his columns and seen him on that Legally Blonde reality show. I think he's hilarious and I can't wait to read his YA debut for more laughs!
6. The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe, another Disney-Hyperion book I'm excited about.
7. First Date by Krista McGee, about a reality show to become the President's son's prom-date. A. this makes me think of this hilarious Disney Channel movie called "My Date with the President's Daughter" and B. Meg Cabot's All-American Girl, while C. still being its own concept. I'm really looking forward to this one.
8. The Butterfly Clues by Kate Ellison, one I don't know much about but the cover captured my attention so that's enough for me to give it a try.
What books are you planning to read for Netgalley January? Are you planning to read/have you already read any of these? Remember, head over to Red House Books to sign up for all the fun!