Monday, November 7, 2011

Signing Up for The Back To The Classics Challenge 2012


I'm not planning to sign up for many challenges this year (famous last words!) but I really need some help with a long-term challenge so here are the requirements and what I *think* I will read. Obviously I reserve the right to change at my will. Hosted by Sarah Reads Too Much

  • Any 19th Century Classic-Middlemarch by George Eliot
  • Any 20th Century Classic-1984 by George Orwell
  • Reread a classic of your choice-an Austen work (probably Emma or Persuasion)
  • A Classic Play-Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
  • Classic Mystery/Horror/Crime Fiction-The Shining by Stephen King
  • Classic Romance-Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy (been dying to read this after seeing the lovely miniseries)
  • Read a Classic that has been translated from its original language to your language-Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (from French)
  • Classic Award Winner-The Magnificent Ambersons by Booth Tarkington (Pulitzer Prize winner of 1919)
  • Read a Classic set in a Country that you (realistically speaking) will not visit during your lifetime-Dante's Inferno (Hell) or Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad (Belgian Congo)
This is a great opportunity for me to catch up on my FITG challenge, where I am woefully behind. Except for the reread, these will all be new to me and ones that I can cross of the list. I hope you will consider signing up or that you will cheer me on as I try to accomplish this!

    2 comments:

    1. Thanks for joining the Challenge! You've got a great list... and I totally understand changing titles later. I do it all the time!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...