Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ramblings and the Week to Come 26JAN14

Ramblings:
Work is ramping up and I continue to be distracted and thus having difficulty reading outside of work. So this might end up being a pretty quiet week on the blog. However I did have the chance to see another Best Picture nominee, The Wolf of Wall Street. Going in to it, I was very nervous about its running time, listed as 2 hour and 59 minutes. But I thought the pacing was well-done and I was surprised by how many comedic bits there were. While Leonardo DiCaprio carries the bulk of the film and Jonah Hill has a sizable supporting role, I was most impressed by smaller roles from Matthew McConaughey and Kyle Chandler (Dillon Forever!) as well as Margot Robbie formerly of "Pan Am." It is definitely an R-rated movie with an excess of drugs, nudity, and cursing so be aware if that's not your kind of film.

I'm also really excited for the Grammys tonight. That tends to be my least favorite of the major award shows but right now it's looking like it might have some performances I'll really enjoy. There is a rumor that Beyonce and Jay-Z will open with "Drunk in Love," a song with which I'm obsessed. As for the awards themselves, I am rooting for Taylor Swift as always and am excited about the possibility that she'll be performing "All Too Well," the standout from her Red Tour.

Week to Come:
Grandmaster review
Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott giveaway
Waiting on Wednesday post-on what am I waiting this week?

And that's it! What's going on with you?

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes slower weeks can be nice! I'm not really interested in Wolf on Wall Street, but that's great you enjoyed it. I'm a but curious about the Grammy's but I'll be watching Sherlock about mid-way, so I don't know if I'll turn it on or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Heartbeat and hope you do too

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wolf was such a long movie, but not bad. I really liked Leonardo & Jonah, but those sex scenes were sometimes a bit too much. I had something like 'all right, I get it, you have a lot of sex during work time' :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished Heartbeat yesterday and I really liked it. I thought it would be very similar to The Promise of Stardust but it wasn't.

    I am not sure I'd like Wolf of Wall Street. I did not realize that Matthew McConaughey is in it. He is turning into quite a respected actor in recent years. I think the one Oscar nominated movie I really want to see is Twelve Years a Slave. I am planning to read the book too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to see The Wolf of Wall Street - I usually enjoy DiCaprio's films.

    I watched the Grammy's last night to see Taylor's performance - so good! I love that song :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to see The Wolf of Wall Street - I usually enjoy DiCaprio's films.

    I watched the Grammy's last night to see Taylor's performance - so good! I love that song :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed most of the Grammys -- I caught the part with Stevie Wonder and Daft Punk, but apparently there was an amazing Imagine Dragons performance which I will have to catch on YouTube....
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  8. I normally enjoy DiCaprio's movies but I'm still undecided about The Wolf of Wall Street. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...