Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ramblings and the Week to Come 17MAR13

Golly, so much time, so little to talk about! Wait, strike that, reverse it. First I want to wish you a Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm not Irish but I do like dressing up thematically so I wore green on Friday to work and of course I'm rocking green today!

 Image courtesy of gubgib / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

April at Good Books and Good Wine wrote a fantastic post about doing whatever YOU want when blogging and not paying attention to those who try to tell you what to do. Your blog is your space to experiment, to be creative, to have fun and it's not going to work if you have to do what others tell you. Saying that, please, please, please don't use CAPTCHA-it's the worst!

End of Google Reader
This was so sad for me to read although its pending demise does explain why I've had some problems there. I have already switched over to feedly and am trying to navigate it; Jen Ryland recommended Bloglovin' which I am hoping to try out today. Unfortunately all this change left me feeling disengaged from my blogs so my commenting is way down. I'm so sorry because I know it is not the fault of any of you lovely bloggers. I am hoping my enthusiasm will return this week.

Personal
However I'm not sure how much commenting I will have time for this week because on Thursday, I'm having (elective) eye surgery! I'm so excited. I've worn glasses for 14 years but no more! The procedure is known as ICL and it's basically an implantable contact lenses. I liked it over LASIK because it doesn't change the shape of my eye. I'm not sure how I'll feel on Thursday but I'm supposed to feel better over the weekend so we'll see...I won't be online and I probably won't get much reading done but I can't wait to see myself without glasses.

Week to Come
Since I schedule in advance, I still have a full week of posts-great 2013 releases!

Falling for You by Lisa Schroeder-not what I expected
Nobody's Secret by Michaela MacColl-another historical fiction about a fascinating female
In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters-SPANISH INFLUENZA
The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe-boarding school fantastical mystery
Unrivaled by Siri Mitchell-adult inspirational historical romantic fiction about rival candymakers (tasty :)
The Essence by Kimberly Derting-sequel to The Pledge

15 comments:

  1. Update: I signed up for Bloglovin and The Old Reader today-will provide feedback once I've had a chance to explore. In the meantime I am going to continue to use google reader while those feeds get imported because I still really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think! I'm testing out Feedly and Bloglovin. I liked that Feedly kept all my categories -- I have book blogs separated from author blogs, etc. -- but someone told me that you could have categories on BL too. And Kristilyn from Reading in Winter said that you can comment on blogs from within Bloglovin, so I need to try that out.

      How exciting about the ICL -- I've never worn glasses but I bet it will be really fantastic not to need them.

      You can find me here: Jen @ YA Romantics

      Delete
    2. I actually also signed up for Netvibes and that's what I've been using because it really reminds me of GR. Will report more as I decide.

      Delete
  2. Oh boy, good luck with your surgery and recovery. That's so awesome! Since my vision started going I've considered doing something but I'm a little scared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly a little nervous because it is surgery but I'm also really excited about the end result so I'm focusing on that!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your surgery! That's fantastic, I've always wanted to do that for myself. Hope your recovery is speedy and painless.

    Looking forward to your review of In the Shadow of Blackbirds :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you-I'm hoping to feel up to doing some good reading on Friday and really make a dent in my to-read pile :)

      Delete
  4. Hope all goes well with the surgery. I signed up for Bloglovin too. I figure I might as well do it now. I like it so far. :D Have a great week.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're liking Bloglovin-I'm preferring Feedly but I'm liking Netvibes even over that. Will keep looking.

      Delete
  5. All the best with your eye surgery, can't wait to hear about the results! I loved The Sweetest Dark, my review will be up soon too ... looking forward to yours.
    Have a great week and wishing you a speedy recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to your review-I actually still need to finish The Sweetest Dark!

      Delete
  6. I hope the surgery goes smoothly!

    I've been using Feedly this week, and so far it's been a pretty easy transition. In some ways I like it better than GR, though I'm still figuring out all the quirks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you-I'm so excited!

      I like the look of Feedly but I keep accidentally marking things read since there are at least 4 ways to do so (that I've found).

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the surgery!

    I loved The Sweetest Dark and In the Shadow of Blackbirds so I can't wait to read your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)

      I can confirm that In the Shadow of Blackbirds is pretty good but I am still working on The Sweetest Dark-I've been busy!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...