Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ramblings and the Week to Come 18AUG13

Golly, this is another week where I have a ton to say!

Soccer:
When I heard that NBC was going to start airing British Premier League Football, I was nervous that they would try to stuff in commercial breaks, which would have totally spoiled the viewing experience. Happily yesterday's Manchester United fixture was not interrupted and it had a delightful outcome in my opinion with Man U handily winning.
He didn't play but he's still my favorite <3
Upcoming Posts:
I've seen two bookish surveys around lately and I am working on posts for both of them. Then I've been reflecting on my beloved BSC books and how that impacted my reading life as I embark on a BSC reread experience. Another fun thing is a readalong with Jen Ryland/YA Romantics of The Scarlet Pimpernel-we may still be hammering out some details :) but I'm excited to read a classic with such a good friend. Lastly I have my Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran concert experience post. Not all of these posts are not going up this week but be prepared for a bit more content than usual on the blog.

Real Life/Blogging:
I had a super fun day with my friends yesterday. We did a boot camp that had bonus content with the theme of "You are who you hang out with." I'm so glad that I hang out with positive people who push, encourage, and inspire me as we're working toward our goals. For me that includes the people I physically hang out with as well as all you wonderful bookish people with your exciting content and how you're maybe working on a novel of your own or reaching out to support others through social media. You're wonderful! I don't know how much I'll be around though as this week is kicking off a season of busy-ness for me with orchestra and softball beginning again...consequently my reading/blogging has already fallen off a bit as I prepare and will continue to take some hits. Eventually I will have commitments Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights in addition to planning social outings with friends. This means way less reading but I will definitely still be around. I managed it last year!

Week to Come:
Tumble and Fall by Alexandra Coutts-ever since I saw this gorgeous cover, I've been coveting this book so I'm pleased to be presenting an early review of it.
The Social Code by Sadie Hayes
Yellowcake by Margo Lanagan-I've heard mixed things about these short stories
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales-I've heard so much good buzz
The Winter Prince by Elizabeth Wein-as the author of my beloved Code Name Verity, I have high expectations of this backlist title
The Truth About You and Me by Amanda Grace

What have you all been up to? How do you balance working full-time and other commitments with blogging if that's your situation?

8 comments:

  1. me too. with summer winding down and me back to school and my part-time jobs, there's going to be less time for reading and blogging. sigh. i'm not very good managing my time during school--if it comes down to blogging or getting extra sleep, sleep always wins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not looking forward to juggling everything but hope not to put undue pressure on myself. Hope you can manage everything on your end!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have had a good week. I hope next week is too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some good moments this week but also some difficult-I wish I had had more time to read.

      Delete
  3. it is super hard to balance everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, any tips? You always manage to put some great posts out.

      Delete
  4. Way to go Man U!!! Sounds like you have a busy time ahead, hope to still see you around. Have a great week and enjoy your new titles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited that they won until my boss (who's a Man City fan) started me teasing me about being ahead in the standings-it's only been a week!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...