Sunday, March 21, 2010

Token of Darkness

Token of Darkness by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
197 pages
Genre: YA

Summary: Cooper can see ghosts. Actually he can see one, Samantha, ever since his car accident which has left him feeling depressed and isolated. When he meets Brent and Delilah, they notice the paranormal around him and work to free him from their influence.

Why I Read: I enjoyed other books by this author and saw it recommended on another blog.

My Thoughts: This story was a very fast read (less than 200 pages). I was interested that the main character was male, I mostly read books with female main characters, and the fact that it would focus on four people with shifting perspectives. I guess due to that I never really connected with any of them. Cooper seemed nice enough and honorable in his desire to help Samantha, which I liked. Brent had an interesting power and Delilah was ambitious in a bad way but she was able to help. It's not a complicated story. I guess I don't have that much to describe about it.

Overall: 4 out of 5 for a fine story, a quick read but nothing spectacular.

Cover: I think the cover fits with the story really well but I don't find it very engaging on its own.

Other: I would definitely recommend Hawksong by this author; it is a Romeo and Juliet story between hawks and snakes. Also apparently she finished her first novel at 13! Wow, that makes me feel like a loser...hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...