Sunday, March 7, 2010

OSCARS! Best Dressed and Other Thoughts

So my favorite dress was worn by Penelope Cruz and you can see it in this picture.
Other dresses I liked:
Sandra Bullock-also great hair and makeup
Kathryn Bigelow
Kristen Stewart-and her posture didn't completely suck
Meryl Streep-duh
Mo'Nique, Gabourey Sidibe, Mariah Carey, and Oprah-all in gorgeous blue dresses. Do you think they coordinated?
Helen Mirren-double duh

Worst dressed:
Zoe Saldana-it's pretty from about the torso and then it's awful
Jennifer Lopez-it looks like she's wearing 1 1/2 dresses
Diane Kruger-I LOVED her SAG dress but am not a fan of this

Also did anyone else think Rachel McAdams and Elizabeth Banks looked somewhat similar with their blond hair and similar shaded dresses? I thought so.

My main thought from the Oscars though is YAY for the Ladies! Mo'Nique, Sandra, and Kathryn all triumphed with strong performances for the first two and in very tough categories for the latter. Congratulations on being the first female director to win an Oscar! I can't wait to see The Hurt Locker (hopefully before the end of March)

Also congratulations to The Cove for winning best documentary. One of my friends actually knows someone involved with this and said it was amazing! And congratulations to Logorama for best animated short-the clip shown looked really good!

I'm also very pleased that The Young Victoria and Star Trek won for best costumes and makeup respectively. I enjoyed both a lot and am glad they were recognized.

I loved seeing Neil Patrick Harris appear on stage (I actually guess that he would based on Ryan Seacrest's comment that someone else we'd seen at awards shows would be there). I mostly enjoyed Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin's banter. I loved Tina Fey and Robert Downey Jr (who looked really hot except for the tinted glasses; if they'd been normal glasses, it would have been perfect) arguing about actor vs writer. I enjoyed the dance to best score. I did not miss the performance of best original song. Good show all in all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...