Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shakespeare's Landlord

Shakespeare's Landlord by Charlaine Harris
218 pages
1st in Lily Bard Series
Genre: Mystery; Contemporary; Southern

Summary: Lily Bard cleans in the small town of Shakespeare, content to be a nonentity after a brutal experience in the past. But then she finds a corpse and sets out to discover who the murderer.

Why I Read: I was intrigued by the title and I know Harris's vampire series is popular but I don't really like vampires so I wanted to try a different work by her.

Thoughts: I mostly liked this. Lily was very enjoyable; she works, keeps her head down, and mostly wants to be left alone. But then she finds the body and begins to step out and try to solve it. Unlike other amateur detectives I've seen, she didn't seem to bother the police that much which I liked. I also liked the police officer Claude Friedrich, who was quite sexy although alas she does not seem to notice (I've read summaries of the next books so I know what happens between them.)

Overall: 4 out of 5. Pretty good start. I plan to finish the series at some point.

For people who have read Charlaine Harris, which series do you like best? Lily Bard, Sookie Stackhouse, Aurora Teagarden, or Harper Connelly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...