Sunday, March 30, 2014

Ramblings and the Week to Come 30MAR14

Update:
Whoa-another post already! I'm still working on getting back into blogging but thought I could at least put up another "checking in" post. Yesterday I posted my first review in a while (Evertrue by Brodi Ashton) and boy was it hard to get back in the groove. I really struggled to form sentences and it's a bit shorter than I expected it to be. Oh well-I know that I am forever a work in progress...

Fun, Fun, Fun:
Last month, the gals at Rather Be Reading notified me that I was featured in the blurbs for Tiffany Schmidt's Send Me a Sign in paperback. I knew I'd want a copy but I only finally got around to buying one and snapped a picture to share below. I've never seen my pseudonym used before for praising a book. For my full thoughts, be sure to check out my review!

What I've Been Reading:
I started Marissa Meyer's Cress and am working my way through this behemoth. I am also reading Maximize Your Potential edited by Jocelyn K Glei, which is really speaking to me as I think about my career aspirations. I doubt that I'll be reviewing it as I usually struggle to write coherently about non-fiction but at least I'm getting some reading done. I was at the library today and also picked up the latest Rhys Bowen mystery and some Mercedes Lackey books. I think I partly overwhelmed myself with too many e-ARCs. I loved seeing them accumulate on my reader but then it was just too much. Expect to see far fewer in general moving forward as I attempt to regain my equilibrium.

Week to Come:
As many as three reviews if I get my act together so we'll see :)

What have you been reading?

11 comments:

  1. That is so fun to be in the praises for a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the quote in the book! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh. So jealous on the bookish quote :D Congrats. <3 Hope you have an amazing week :) Happy reading. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic news about your book quote!

    I hope you are enjoying Cress. I really liked that one and am eager for the next book. I am still struggling to get back into blogging though my reading has picked up considerably. I am very behind in writing book reviews! Like you I have a lot of e-ARCs to get through too. Sometimes it is hard to find the motivation to blog. Hopefully we will both find some balance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting being quoted ... congrats! I hear you, it's tough getting back into blogging and reviewing after a break, well I find it so. And getting behind makes me even more stressed. Hope those of us struggling find a good balance without too much pressure. I'm heading off to check out your other posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so crazy to see your blog name in a book; congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay on being quoted -- that's really exciting! I've been experimenting with some mini-reviews -- sometimes I like just being succinct.
    Glad to see you back :)
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaaah you're blurbed!! That's so exciting! I'm super happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I'm so glad you found a copy. I saw these books in the bookstore again this week + thought of you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...