Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Glee Songs/Recap Season 1

To get psyched for the start of the new season tonight (8pm EST/ 7pm CST), I wanted to highlight my favorite songs from the first season.  I'm not going to bother with plot points because they don't really matter but here are my 10 favorite songs (note: my favorite does not equal the best or the essential songs of Glee).

10. Say a Little Prayer-I've loved this song ever since I heard Rupert Everett's rendition in My Best Friend's Wedding so of course I love this version even though it's significantly shortened.

9. Bad Romance-I almost didn't include this just because I adore the Gaga version so much but I really appreciate that this one changed the swear words so I can shout the lyrics with abandon.

8. Total Eclipse of the Heart-there's not much for me to say about this other than it's great with Lea and cycling among Mark Salling, Cory Monteith, and Jonathan Groff.

7. Fire/Alone-totally cheating here by including two Kristin songs that weren't even in the same episode but since she sings both with Will and it's my list, I'm doing it.

6. Any Way You Want It/Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'-so high energy and awesome Journey goodness
5. It's My Life/Confessions Part II-The first part is probably my favorite Bon Jovi song (and one of my favorite songs of all time) but I don't like the second part as much.

4. Halo/Walking on Sunshine-obviously I love the mashups and I love this sped up version of Halo. If only I didn't get Walking on Sunshine stuck in my head after listening to this!

3. Bohemian Rhapsody-my favorite part is when Jonathan Groff says "nobody loves me" which just makes me want to say, yes we do because you're Jonathan Groff and you're so cute.

2. Somebody to Love-Queen songs have been well-served by Glee IMO and this is my favorite (so far!) I love remembering Lea Michele popping out from behind Cory Monteith to kick it off.

1. Like a Prayer-I am very unfamiliar with Madonna songs but I fell in love with this one after hearing it and it gets the coveted top spot.

I realized that it is mostly part II that made it on the list and I think that is because I grew tired of most of the part I songs. Of course I'm super excited for tonight's episode but next week's is supposed to be the Britney one so I'm much more excited for that (I LOVE Britney!)

[Hope these fonts are readable; I'm experimenting and while they work for me, they may not work for you.]

2 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with Glee, but I love your review of the songs and I will definitely check out the Glee versions of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mash-ups too! I wish they put them on the cds. Somebody to Love is one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...