Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11


So this is the ninth anniversary of 9/11.  I was quite young when it happened although I do have some memories of that day.  I was in Pennsylvania, some ways away from NYC but also from where Flight 93 crashed.  I didn't know anyone who died.  And I didn't know why somebody would do something like that.  I still don't really understand how people can kill each other like that.  I just want to offer prayers for those who lost loved ones and for the whole country as a whole.  I don't feel very talkative today but I'll be back tomorrow with a book review and through the rest of the week and onward.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. I can still hardly believe that such a horrible thing happened. I was 15 then and I just came home from school - in Europe, it was already afternoon then. I watched the news with such anxiety and when I saw the first building collapse, I remember that I just started crying, for all those innocent people. The second building collapsing just totally shocked me. I think we should always remember this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often wonder what 9/11 was like for the kids. How much could you have understood at the time? My adult life is somewhat defined by that date - the things that happened before, and the things that happened after. But your entire adult life is only int the after. That seems so strange, and somewhat sad to me.

    Thank you for remembering.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...