Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August Stats

Sum Up
This was a remarkably productive month as I read through my romance books very quickly and then completed seven books for the readathon.  I'm still a bit behind on those reviews but I will get to them.  In all I have reviews prepared through the middle of September and I keep reading and writing more!  I'm super happy and I've got really cool books in the queue.

Books Read This Month: 28 *does a happy dance* Best month yet this year!
Favorite Book: The only book I gave a five this month was Half the Sky by Nicholas D Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn but I think my favorite is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.
Least Favorite Book: I had quite a few I didn't like but I will choose Ten Things I Love about You by Julia Quinn because I had the highest expectations and I usually love Quinn's works but I had several problems with it.
Longest Book: In most months, The Book Thief at 550 pages would easily win but this is also the month I read the Millennium Trilogy with The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson being the longst at 630 pages.
Shortest Book: Technically it's not a full book but Winter's Passage by Julie Kagawa was a mere 59 pages
Most Read Genre: YA with 11, and thanks to my Romance Week, I had a total of 7 romance reads. 

Total Pages Read This Year: 59,414
Total Books Read: 183 (!)

Challenges Update: I read The Book Thief which is on my FITG list which I had totally forgotten.  I am also working on Bleak House which goes with the FITG.  I still have one book for Pratchett and two for South Asian authors to read.  I will be choosing books for those soon because I want to complete my challenges this year (giving that I've already completed two and only have these two left, that shouldn't be difficult).

September Plans: I've written out a schedule: I have those readathon YA books that are really good so that's upcoming; I'm exploring some different memes to help me fill my month; I'm starting classes again including an American Lit course so I will hopefully be reviewing some of that.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, August was a great month for you! I hope September will be just as great.
    American Lit class, so cool. I always loved to attend those classes.
    Looking forward to reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...