Thursday, April 15, 2010

Frankly My Dear I'm Dead

Frankly My Dear, I'm Dead by Livia J. Washburn
Kensington Books, 2008
213 pages
Mystery, 1st in series

Summary: Delilah Dickinson has set up a tour agency where people can come and explore the Atlanta of Gone with the Wind. At a recreation of Tara, the actor playing Rhett Butler is killed. Consequently everyone on the tour and all of the other actors are suspects unless Delilah can figure it out.

Why I Read: I really liked the title and I'm still somewhat obsessed with mysteries so I requested it from the library.

My Thoughts: To start with, I did not figure out the murderer although I did figure out that it was a very dumb idea to go and confront that murderer instead of relying on the police who are right there. Everything happens very quickly: the whole story takes place over three days, which was interesting. I've read some mysteries where it takes weeks for everything to come together. I also enjoyed the GWTW tidbits there although the description of the book made me think there would be more.

Overall: 3.5 out of 5. It's not that it wasn't good but it wasn't great and it was not gripping beyond the ordinary call of finding out who the murderer was. I have requested the second book Huckleberry Finished and hope to read that before school ends.

Cover: I do love GWTW but the faces here are really creepy to me. This Delilah is no Vivien Leigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...