Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde
Viking, 2009; 388 pages
1st of what I think is supposed to be a trilogy.

Summary: Eddie Russett lives in a Colorotocracy-he is almost at the bottom with his red perception just above those who cannot see anything. He is planning to marry up when he meets Jane Grey who opens his eyes to the oppressive regime and changes his life

Why I Read: I loved the Next books, not so much the Nursery books but I saw some good reviews so I thought I would check this out.

My thoughts: I loved this book! I was fascinated with trying to figure out everything (why no spoons?) and then just trying to figure out what color I would want to be (probably blue or violet). Jane is awesome (Kind of weird that Edward and Jane are the main characters-Jane Eyre anyone?); she's so smart and funny and brave. Eddie, while somewhat dumb, is very inquisitive and has exciting things to say about queueing systems. I really enjoyed meeting all of the characters even when I didn't really like them (such as Violet deMauve). Basically I highly recommend this book! Go read it!

Overall: 4.5/5 It is killing me that the next book isn't due until 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...