Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy 80th, Mr Sondheim!

I happen to love musical theater and today is the 80th birthday of a giant in the industry, Stephen Sondheim. A protege of Oscar Hammerstein, he has pushed the musical further and created a wealth of extraordinary music. In honor of him, I decided to post my list of my favorite musicals from him, keeping in mind that I still haven't heard all of them!

My top 10 Sondheim musicals
10. Company
9. A Little Night Music
8. Follies
7. Sunday in the Park with George
6. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
5. West Side Story (Music by Leonard Bernstein)
4. Into the Woods
3. Sweeney Todd
2. Gypsy (Music by Jule Styne)
1. Assassins

So maybe give a Sondheim song a listen today in celebration of this very talented man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...