Sunday, May 26, 2013

Ramblings and the Week to Come 26MAY13

Reading:

I have mostly gotten back to reading books for review on the blog but I did want to mention the last non-review book I read, which was Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain. I suspect that a lot of you bookish people are introverts like me and will find this very interesting but if you're an extrovert, you still probably know some introverts and this book can give you some insight into our life. There were a lot of things that really rang true to me and helped me feel a bit more comfortable with myself.

Books Received:
This was an awesome week!

From Netgalley: Much happy dancing ensued upon this notification
Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein: after Code Name Verity was my favorite book of 2012, this companion has a high bar to clear but I'm really looking forward to giving it a shot.
 From Amazon Vine:
Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Antigoddess by Kendare Blake

Vacation:
I am off to Hawaii with my family on Tuesday! We've been talking about and looking forward to this trip for months and I can't believe it's finally time. I am bringing my laptop and I'm sure I'll be online commenting at least a little bit but I don't know how much. I pre-scheduled my posts and will be back June 3rd.

Week to Come:
A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty
You Look Different in Real Life by Jennifer Castle
Follow the Heart by Kaye Dacus
Without a Summer by Mary Robinette Kowal
Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland
And Saturday is the first of the month which means I'll be talking about the next section of War and Peace.

What are you up to this Memorial Day? Happy reading :)

20 comments:

  1. Rose under Fire looks good. Happy reading, Brandi’s mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antigoddess -- sooo jealous. That is one of the books I really hope to get at BEA.
    Have a fantastic time in Hawaii -- I can't imagine not having a wonderful time there!

    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can get Antigoddess-I can't wait for it to arrive. And enjoy BEA-it's a small consolation for me to be in HI during the conference ;)

      Delete
  3. Nice haul. I can't wait to read Antigoddess and Siege and Storm. I haven't read Code Name Verity, and I think I really need to. The kids and I will be griling out tomorrow, and hopefully it doesn't rain us out. Have a wonderful Memorial Day.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very lucky with books this week. Hope your Memorial Day was great-we grilled too!

      Delete
  4. I need to read Code Name Verity still, but I finally bought a copy so it should be soon. that's awesome you're going to Hawaii. My parents have been and loved it, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you need to read CNV-it was the best book I read last year and I made several people read it to their intense gratitude.

      Delete
  5. Ohhhhh, enjoy your vacation! Hawaii *dream* I really want to visit Hawaii someday. Siege and storm & Antigoddess, awesome! Happy reading :D

     Showcase - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy-I can't wait to sprawl on the beach and enjoy the sand and the surf.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm so excited to spend time with my family and be outside in gorgeous weather :)

      Delete
  7. Have a wonderful holiday, you get back and we're off to Bali for a week. Love the work by the Moriarty girls, hope you enjoy A Corner Of White. I'm very introverted and my partner is an extrovert, I saw that book somewhere and contemplated getting it ... should have lol. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Bali-that sounds awesome! I highly recommend Quiet-it had some great ideas for negotiating introvert/extrovert relationships.

      Delete
  8. Hawaii? For real? I am so jealous! I hope I am able to grab a copy of Rose Under Fire at BEA but I bet that line will be out the freaking door. Same with Antigoddess but I am standing in line for that one no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I am so excited for HI although I wish I could attend BEA as well...

      Delete
  9. YAY for Rose Under Fire - I REALLLLLLY need to read Code Name Verity since I just ADORE historical fiction! I can't believe I haven't already. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a blast in Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so so lucky. I hope you share some pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to take some pictures of the sunset to share-it's so pretty here!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...