Last week, I participated in the vintage bookworm's To-Do List Meme; excited to participate again and because I enjoyed it so much, I elaborated a little bit.
I think I remembered this in a good way-first I exercised my freedom of worship. Then I went for a nice jog/walk-beautiful day, very peaceful. Then my Eagles beat the Rams, with ample encouragement on my part. I talked with my grandparents on the other side of the country. And my dad made my favorite dinner for the family. We also caught some of the news specials in honor of the day and remembered where we were when we first heard.
Mostly good news. Although my beloved Phillies lost, so did their division rivals the Atlanta Braves, which puts our magic number at 6. I am very optimistic about our chances for winning the NL East and cautiously optimistic about winning home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. We shall see.
Other good news would be the Eagles beating the Rams, quite handily! Always good to start the season with a win. I'll also be talking about the Flyers when hockey season starts so be prepared.
Work has been crazy! I have so many little details to take care of this week but it's good and my boss is happy with my work. I'm definitely happy that business is booming as it's preferable to the other option. Orchestra has been good; I'm especially enjoying the bonding time with my sister as we both play viola and our stand partners. One thing I'm looking forward to this week, besides reading as I've got an amazing looking stack of books-see below, is the new movie Drive starring Ryan Gosling; it's gotten some good reviews and Gosling is supposed to be crazy hot in it.
Last week's list:
I finished almost everything on my list from last week except for writing two reviews, which I plan to finish tonight. Thus this week has (almost) completely new stuff!
To-Do List for this week:
1. Review Circle of Fire and Queens of All the Earth (from last week)
2. Read and review Past Perfect by Leila Sales (I've already read the first two chapters and laughed a lot so I'm excited).
3. Read and review All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevins
4. Post that review on Amazon as it's a Vine book.
5. Read and review Exile by Anne Osterlund.
6. Read and review A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davis
7. Read and review The Poisoned House by Michael Ford.
What I'd like to do too:
8. Read and review Sass and Serendipity by Jennifer Ziegler
9. Locate a copy of and reread Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
10. Download the next five titles I plan to read from Netgalley
So that's my rambling-what's up with you?