Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ramblings and the Week to Come 29SEP13

Happy News:

Last month I referenced some sad news at work but was purposefully vague, possibly making you think there were layoffs or a death. Not quite as dire as that: just one of my closest friends at work was leaving my department for a different one. This left a vacancy and I applied for the position, meaning a promotion for me, and I got it! I found out earlier but it wasn't officially announced until this past week so I've been holding it in. I am so excited to stay in the same department with the same people I adore but to get to take on new responsibilities and grow more :) I haven't done anything new yet but my training supervisor knows I'm eager to get started once the work is there.

Books Received:

Amazon Vine-Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke and The Midnight Dress by Karen Foxlee

From Germany-Harry Potter and der Feuerkelch: I think it's pretty easy to figure out which book this is. Doesn't Harry look weird? It's just so different from the way Harry is drawn for the US version.

 Sports:

My Manchester United game started at a normal time this week (7 AM PST) and of course I was in front of the TV ready to watch. I was especially thrilled because my favorite player Chicharito actually got to start! Alas it was a loss :( Furthermore today my Eagles are visiting the Broncos so I don't have a good feeling about that. But at least the season for my Phillies is over today so no more losing for them! Oh and my softball team lost again. So basically it was not a good week for any sports team I support, making me feel a bit like a bad luck charm :(

Blogging:

So I don't mind the change in format for comments for blogspot blogs but I keep wanting to hit the "sign out" instead of the "publish" button. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also I'm trying to catch up on comments still but I think I'm just not going to comment on any posts older than a week if I don't get to it by tonight-I just feel too overwhelmed otherwise and it makes me not want to comment at all.

Week to Come: Quite a random week. Of course it's all YA except for the War and Peace update but it's touching on all kinds of topics and genres. I'm pretty excited about this week and look forward to discussing with you.

QB1 by Mike Lupica-makes me think of "Friday Night Lights" which is always a good thing.
War and Peace update
The Vow by Jessica Martinez
Pirouette by Robyn Bavati-after adoring Dancing in the Dark, I am excited for another ballet-related book from this talented Australian author.
All The Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry-have heard some creepy things about this book
Will in Scarlet by Matthew Cody, which looks like a cool take on Robin Hood.

26 comments:

  1. I keep wanting to press sign out too, glad to hear about new responsibilities but same people you adore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so confusing! I'm glad "Publish" is blue-that's about the only thing helping me.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the promotion. Have a Great Week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much-it's something I very much wanted and stressed over for about a month so I'm glad it worked out.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the promotion! Enjoy the new books. I am looking forward to your reviews this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the work news :D That is pretty awesome. You got some great books this week. <3 Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the congrats-it's been almost a month now and I'm still super giddy!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your promotion! That is fantastic!

    I haven't accidentally signed out yet but I'm not a fan of the new comment box layout. I'm sure I'll get used to it like all other changes...

    I look forward to your thoughts on All the Truth That's in Me. I am not sure if I'd like it or not.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you-I'm still waiting to really dive in and prove myself!

      I've only signed myself out once to my frustration but it's been close a bunch of other times. I didn't think it would be such a big deal...

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the promotion!
    I just read All the Truth That's In Me on Saturday night, stayed up until 4am, it was sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I did find All The Truth addictive but didn't love it quite as much as I wanted to.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the promotion!!! I'm glad you mentioned that there was a blogger change -- I've signed out at the end of typing comments several times this week! I thought it was just me / sleep deprivation, but now I realize that the button moved! So thanks for making me feel a little less ditzy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      Happy to have helped-I noticed it the first day it was rolled out but thought it was specific to one blog until I noticed it on all...was there any notification about the change?

      Delete
  8. Congrats on your promotion, exciting times ahead. Looking forward to your thoughts on Pirouette, being an Aussie author and all lol. I don't like change much, doing the same thing for so long you get used to operating on autopilot but I'm now used to the new commenting format.
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I still don't think I'm used to the new format but I keep trying to remind myself that blue is what I click because it's the only part that has color. Still hard for me though.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you-there was a lot of jumping up and down once I got home with that news!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on your promotion!!!
    I agree that the new comment format is weird, but I guess I'm adjusting….
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you-I've been wanting to do more and this perfectly fit my timeline.

      I'm still trying to adjust to the commenting-just remind myself that blue is what I click.

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on your promotion!

    Yup, I also keep wanting to hit the sign out button. That's because that's where the reply button used to be, I think!

    And ooooh, excited to hear your thoughts on Pirouette. You are so lucky to have gotten a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the well wishes!

      The sign out button IS where the reply button used to be (as far as I can remember).

      Delete
  12. Congrats on your promotion! YAY for the Amazon Vine books. LOVED BTD&TDBS and I want to read the Midnight Dress. I honestly am very vague on how Vine works. Something I need to research! I'm also having some trouble adjusting to the new google comment box. I keep hitting the wrong button. Also, sometimes it blanks out on me?? Anyway, Happy week to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!

      I was very lucky with Vine that week, which makes up for some weeks where I really don't get anything I'm interested in. It's very confusing though.

      Delete
  13. Congrats on your promotion! I'm very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...