Honestly all I want to read is The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton (2013 Man Booker Prize Winner) but it is a massive book that will slow me down so I'm saving it for my trip. I've already loaded up my Nook to bring several dozen reading possibilities on the trip (also charger because it would be very unfortunate to forget that component!)
I am so close to my 2013 goal of 300 books. After some good reading time yesterday, I just need to finish two more. I'm going through my e-ARCs to see which is shortest and may be making my decision based on that. In a mixed blessing, I'm not going to have much time to read today but that is because I'm seeing my oldest friend today (I haven't been with her in person in about 7 years and she's finally visiting the Best Coast :) It's definitely worth it!
I continue to adore my job. It's getting so busy and will only ramp up throughout the first quarter, which is exciting but it does mean that 2014 will be off to a slow start for me in terms of blogging. I am comfortable with that though because I also have my holiday where I hope to catch up on commenting but also focusing on enjoying being with my family and our location.
|Less than a week away!|
Manchester United pulled off another win so they get to end the year strong. My beloved Eagles have a chance to trounce the Dallas Cowboys tonight so I'm going to be a nervous Nellie until that's over (ideally with the result I want!)
Week to Come:
- Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott as I'm a long-time fangirl of Scott; in short, she did not disappoint!
- Final War and Peace entry!
- 2013 Wrap-Up-will I make my goal of 300 books read?
- I have some other titles to consider but these are the priority!
- I'm also working on a post about 2014 plans though I've already shared that my main one is to write less because I'm just drained.