Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Stats

Looking Back at April: This has actually felt like a really long month with good and bad stuff. Bad first: I still feel some stress from work but it feels more manageable at the moment. Now on to the good:  1. Netgalley April (I dove headfirst into that and ended up reading 16 books, surpassing my goal of 14); 2. I received a blog makeover (I invite you to click through if you're reading this on google reader) and 3. I got a lot more reading done, with 26 books total and me on track to complete my reading challenge of 300 books read for the year.

Looking Forward to May: May is another exciting month, mostly YA but with some adult mysteries and romance also making an appearance. The YA is touching on all genres-some contemporary, some historical, some fantasy, some paranormal, some steampunk. I love all of the different kinds of stories I've had the chance to be reading.

Monthly Stats:

Books Read This Month: 26
Pages Read This Month: 8,566 pages
Average Length of Book: 329 pages
Average Rating of Book: 3.71
Favorite Book: Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink-a total Bookworm1858 book, just wait for my review!
Other Recommended Reads: 13 Hangmen by Art Corriveau; The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Year Stats:

Total Books Read: 100 (1/3 of the way through the year and 1/3 of the way through my goal)
Total Pages Read: 30,376 pages
Average Length of Book: 304 pages
Average Rating of Book: 3.72

By Genre:
Mystery/Thriller-3
YA/MG-21
Romance-0
Classics-0
Science Fiction/Fantasy-0
Non-Fiction-1
Historical Fiction-0
Short Stories-0
Other-1

Source:
Home Library-3
Own/Borrowed/Won-1
Booksneeze-0
Netgalley-15
Other ebook source-0
Audiobook-0
Amazon Vine-6

Stats for Previous Months: January; February; March

Books Read:
75. Candlewax by C. Bailey Sims
76. 13 Hangmen by Art Corriveau
77. Torn by Stephanie Guerra
78. Ripper by Amy Carol Reeves
79. The Obsidian Blade by Pete Hautman
80. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
81. The Academie by Susanne Dunlap
82. Mr. Churchill's Secretary by Susan Elia McNeal
83. Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
84. Various Positions by Martha Schabas
85. Please Ignore Vera Dietz by AS King
86. Island of Vice by Richard Zacks
87. Spirit's Princess by Esther Friesner
88. Sidney Chambers and the Shadow of Death by James Runcie
89. The Mapmaker and the Ghost by Sarvenaz Tash
90. The Nightmare Garden by Caitlin Kittredge
91. The Selection by Kiera Cass
92. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
93. A Greyhound of a Girl by Roddy Doyle
94. Facing the Hunchback of Notre Dame by LL Samson
95. The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenwood
96. Naughty in Nice by Rhys Bowen
97. Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
98. The Unbearable Book Club of Unsinkable Girls by Julie Schumacher
99. Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
100. Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you already made it to 100 books this year -- I'm pretty sure that was my goal for all of 2012, but we're not even halfway through the year and you've already completed it! x) The Selection, The Immortal Rules, Take a Bow, and all of those other fantastic-sounding books... My hat is completely off to you with awe!

    This was such an amazing month, B! I hope your stress from work cools down a bit next month too! You know what they say: April showers bring May flowers. That means the upcoming month will hopefully be less stressful! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing that you've read 100 books already! I am hoping to read that many for the year :)

    I will have to check out Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink. I wish I'd selected that to review from Amazon Vine when I had the chance. It sounds like something I'd love too.

    Happy May!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...