Sunday, May 6, 2012

Anticipating in May

So I guess this is kind of like Waiting on Wednesday, except on Sunday. I have two books to mention here, both of which I am reviewing later this month.

First up is the highly anticipated conclusion to Jeri Smith-Ready's paranormal Shade trilogy, Shine. I have passionate negative feelings about the design change (I loved the originals for Shade and Shift) but that should not affect my feelings of the actual contents. I should be receiving my copy this week and the review will be up May 15.

The other book is The Girl in the Clockwork Collar, the follow-up to The Girl in the Clockwork Corset, a surprise hit for me last year. That book has inspired me to check out more steampunk and I can't wait to find out what happens in this version. I have an e-ARC via Netgalley and will be posting my review on the official release date May 29.



Have you read either of these yet? Are you looking forward to either of them?

1 comment:

  1. I read Shade but not Shift. I liked Shade but I just never picked up the sequel. I am not a fan of the cover redesign either. I feel the same way about the redesigns for Nightshade by Andrea Cremer and Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon.

    I liked The Girl in the Steel Corset too and I will probably read The Girl in the Clockwork Collar eventually. I am becoming a fan of steampunk too though I still need to read Leviathan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...