Saturday, January 22, 2011

Savor the Moment

Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts
Berkley Books, 2010
325 pages
Romance
3.5/5 stars
Third in Bride Quartet

Source: Library

Summary: Laurel enjoys baking cakes for Vows...and pining after Del, the only man she's ever really cared for.  But she knows that he lumps her into the category of "my girls" that he has to take care of-until a passionate kiss between the two of them opens a new aspect of their relationship.

Thoughts: I thought this was a slight improvement on the second book; Laurel and Del were marginally more appealing characters.  I also preferred reading about her baking more than Emma's flowers.  But again her issues irked me.

She is hung up on two main issues when it comes to Del.  1. That he acts as if all of the girls are his sisters (only Parker is) and thus clumps them all together like he is responsible for them and must interfere in their lives.  2. That he is rich and only dallying with her because she's available.  Both are wildly inaccurate but they provide the driving conflict between the two.

Again I preferred reading about the girls rather than the romantic elements.  They care much more about each other and have an innate understanding that far surpasses the connection they have with any of the guys.

I was excited for Happy Ever After, the last book in the quartet because Parker is my favorite character but I have not been impressed by her love interest Mal.  He seems like a cocky jerk-I hope that reading the book changes my opinion but I'm not confident.  I will read and review HEA when I can get it-all the library copies around me have at least 20 holds.

Overall: An okay story but still not as good as the first.

Cover: Um, yummy! That cake looks delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad this story was better to read than the previous one, but it seems that in general, thus quartet is a bit weak, perhaps. Still, if the last book features your fave character in the series, I hope you'll enjoy the story!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...