Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Resolutions

As it's the start of a new year, I wanted to write some:

Resolutions:
1. Don't feel pressured to beat my totals from previous months and years.  I can be competitive but it's not the quantity so much as quality.  As I'm hoping to read some more classics this year, my totals might fall and I don't want to panic about it.

2. Don't feel pressured to post every day.  I have a pretty busy schedule for my last (!) semester of college and I don't know how much time I'll have to read.  Of course I will still be posting at least a couple of times a week because I can't not read but I don't want to pressure myself.

3. Reach 100 followers.  I know blogging is not about how many people you can get to follow you but I would still like to reach this goal. I doubt I'll ever be a huge blog and one of the perks of being smaller, I feel, is that you can read more for yourself and less for challenges, reviews, others, etc.

4. Continue trying to comment more on other blogs. I read loads of blogs every day on google reader but I don't always click through.  Usually my only thought is "good review" but I should try harder.

5. Clean out my google reader.  I have loads of blogs that haven't been posted on in months and it intimidates me that I have so many.  Additionally I follow some writing blogs that aren't very useful to me as I don't want to be a writer; I will instead content myself with reading what people write.

6. Work on my reviews.  Sometimes I feel that I write really great reviews...and other times I know they are inadequate.  I want to continue trying to find the perfect length for each review and to mention what I liked and didn't like as clearly as possible.

7. Finish all of my challenges.  Some are harder than others but I only signed up for five so it shouldn't be too difficult.

8. This connects back to the first and second: have fun!  I started this blog because I love reading and I don't want to lose sight of that.

Happy New Year's everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    I hope you achieve all of your goals!

    Reading is about fun, foremost, so it's cool you want to keep it that way. Also, you will reach 100 followers, I'm sure, I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Good luck with your goals. I'm with you on being competitive with myself. This past year I managed to read a lot of books, but I don't think I'll get anywhere close this time around. I have to try to be ok with that. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...