As it's the start of a new year, I wanted to write some:
1. Don't feel pressured to beat my totals from previous months and years. I can be competitive but it's not the quantity so much as quality. As I'm hoping to read some more classics this year, my totals might fall and I don't want to panic about it.
2. Don't feel pressured to post every day. I have a pretty busy schedule for my last (!) semester of college and I don't know how much time I'll have to read. Of course I will still be posting at least a couple of times a week because I can't not read but I don't want to pressure myself.
3. Reach 100 followers. I know blogging is not about how many people you can get to follow you but I would still like to reach this goal. I doubt I'll ever be a huge blog and one of the perks of being smaller, I feel, is that you can read more for yourself and less for challenges, reviews, others, etc.
4. Continue trying to comment more on other blogs. I read loads of blogs every day on google reader but I don't always click through. Usually my only thought is "good review" but I should try harder.
5. Clean out my google reader. I have loads of blogs that haven't been posted on in months and it intimidates me that I have so many. Additionally I follow some writing blogs that aren't very useful to me as I don't want to be a writer; I will instead content myself with reading what people write.
6. Work on my reviews. Sometimes I feel that I write really great reviews...and other times I know they are inadequate. I want to continue trying to find the perfect length for each review and to mention what I liked and didn't like as clearly as possible.
7. Finish all of my challenges. Some are harder than others but I only signed up for five so it shouldn't be too difficult.
8. This connects back to the first and second: have fun! I started this blog because I love reading and I don't want to lose sight of that.
Happy New Year's everyone!