Friday, August 6, 2010

Fairy Tale Friday

Friday is for Fairytales is a meme hosted by Irena at This Miss Loves to Read. Every Friday, you can choose a fairytale you love, or simply find interesting or haunting, and review it or simply say why you like it so much, or why it has captured your attention. Instead of a fairytale, you can choose a favourite fairytale character and describe him/her and tell us why you like them, or you can simply share an experience connected to a fairytale. Fairytales can be old and modern, written by a known author or anonymous, written down or passed on orally, short or in novel form (like re-writings of fairytales), international or typical for your country alone. In this case, present your country’s fairytale and we can all become acquainted with a new fairytale. So, make a post every Friday that is connected to the world of fairytales, be it a review, a character description or your own fairytale experience. Let’s celebrate fairytales and share our love for them.
Now we return to Disney 2-D. My friends and I were so excited to see Disney return to its roots, as we're big fans of its classic animation films of the 90s. And The Princess and the Frog did not disappoint! Tiana is a girl with ambition and no time for love. Naveen is a prince with no ambition but to roam who needs a girl with money to marry. Early on, they're both turned in to frogs and learn important life lessons along with the help of a zany cast of characters and some catchy songs. My personal favorite is "Never Knew I Needed," which plays over the credits but I also like "Almost There," which I sing when I'm almost done with projects or almost at my destination. I was a little surprised to love it so much because I do not like The Frog Prince; don't know why but never have. Also I love her dress and Naveen is one of the best looking Disney princes!

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to see this one, but I am also excited that Disney returned to its roots, it was about time!
    Tiana really is a beautiful princess. I love her dress. It's also cool that her dress is reminiscent of a water lily, and since she's turned into a frog, that really works.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...