Sunday, July 4, 2010

Yankee Doodle Dandy (or Happy 4th of July!)

Happy July 4th to my American readers out there! While my personal favorite holiday is Flag Day, Independence Day is the one that gets all of the attention. In honor of it, I wanted to talk about my favorite patriotic movie, the biopic "Yankee Doodle Dandy" starring Academy Award winner James Cagney as composer George M Cohan.

My family watches this pretty much every year as it opens with Cohan being born on the fourth of July. Now that is patently false as it was the third and truthfully as a biopic, this film FAILS hard but it has wonderful catchy songs, an interesting story and the amazingness of Cagney. Cagney is in fact my second favorite actor and I love him in comedies. If you want a fun, patriotic film to celebrate with this year, definitely check this one out!

1 comment:

  1. Happy July 4th! I'm not an American, but I like American holidays a lot. My favourite is Thanksgiving Day, second best: July 4th.;)
    It's lovely that you have this tradition of watching Yankee Doodle Dandy every year, it's nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...