Monday, June 20, 2011

Book Battle Bracket Choice

The YA Bloggers Best Overlooked Book Battle 2011 hosted by The Shady Glade

The contenders in this bracket are: Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda and Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress by Tina Ferraro.


This was a tough bracket to judge because on the one hand, we have British, dark, action, paranormal, intersections of history and religion; on the other hand, there is American, light, comedy, romance, teenage angst.  Totally different, right? But what it came down to was how connected I felt to the characters, which only happened in Top Ten Uses.  I immediately loved Nic and the writing style.  Despite my interest in the exciting plot of Devil's Kiss, I always felt at a distance from main character Bili even though she grows a lot as a character.

Winner: Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress-good luck in the rest of the battle!

Make sure to keep checking The Shady Glade for more updates on the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...