Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

[Prepared in advance; I'm currently sleeping to prepare for being awake at 3AM to watch the wedding; stupid West Coast time zone.]

Well, it's kind of like a fairy tale, right?  "Commoner" meets prince, they get married, they live happily ever after.  Not quite.  I put commoner in quotes because despite Miss Middleton's lack of a title, I hardly consider someone who attended exclusive and expensive private schools, common.  Maybe in ye olde Britain but in a more socially mobile society as much of the world is, I beg to differ.  Then there's the fact that it's taken eight years which has been excruciating for this royal watcher.

And then there's the ending, which we obviously cannot predict.  I think the time that they have taken to get to know each other and to acquaint Kate with royal life will add immeasurably to their personal happiness.  I know that I will continue to be a royal watcher and I wish them all the best on this, their wedding day!

And a picture of the dress (along with Pippa, her maid of honor):

3 comments:

  1. I loved the wedding! I watched the live broadcast and it all felt very solemn, yet wonderful. I actually liked the dress. It was classy and although simple in design, very intricate. Long live the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what did you think of her dress? I think I was hoping for something a little more fancy. But I guess it fit her style. I loved Pippa's dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Joy-I loved the dress; very elegant but not over the top, just as Kate's still always is. I also liked Pippa's dress although I was surprised it was white, but apparently that's a tradition in England.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...