Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Love Affair with Jewelry

My Love Affair with Jewelry by Elizabeth Taylor
Edited by Ruth A Peltason
Simon and Schuster, 2002
230 pages
Non-fiction; Coffee Table Book
5/5 stars

Source: Library

Summary: Stunning pictures of some of Elizabeth Taylor's favorite jewelry with some of her anecdotes.

Thoughts: After I read two bios of Elizabeth this summer, I was very intrigued by the jewelry that played a role in them.  Then I saw that this book existed so I requested it from the library.  It's not so much a book as a coffee table book with gorgeous, sometimes magnified, views of some of her jewels and stories from her about them.

My favorite parts were her reminiscences and seeing the Krupp and Taylor-Burton diamonds.  I don't know much about jewelry and I don't own any proper jewels but those diamonds were gorgeous.

Besides the jewelry, there are also many rare photographs of Miss Taylor wearing them, most from her private collection.  I really liked seeing her with Richard Burton; now that is a love story.

Overall: A gorgeous book that would be worth many examinations of its contents.

Cover: Liz is stunning as always although I probably would have preferred to see her with some of her diamonds.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know much about jewelry, but I can appreciate its beauty and I admit, I would probably borrow the book for the pictures.:) Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...