Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy Birthday!


The 1858 in my blog name comes from the birth year of Mr Theodore Roosevelt.  He was born October 27, 1858 making this his 152nd birthday!  I know that's not a big deal or anything but I just wanted to mark the occasion and share some of my favorite quotes. Note: while there are quite a few, they represent only a tiny portion of what I could share.

QUOTES:

"Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike."

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

"Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind."

"I am a part of everything that I have read."

"I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!"

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...