Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Hurt Locker (Film)

The Hurt Locker, 2009
Directed by Kathryn Bigelow
Starring Jeremy Renner and Guy Pearce
131 minutes
Academy Award Winner-Best Picture

Summary: A look at a team that disarms improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and the brash team leader and his two compatriots in post-invasion Iraq, 2004.

Thoughts: I was so excited about this and I couldn't wait to see it, whether by buying the DVD or renting it from the library.  A couple weeks ago I finally had the chance to see it.  And well...I really didn't like it.  I don't know if I overhyped it in my head, if I was a bit worn out because I watched it right after Saving Private Ryan, or if it's just not the kind of film I like (quite probably all of those reasons).

It opened strongly with a suspenseful ten minutes that had me sitting on the edge of my seat (not literally, I sprawl when I watch movies).  And then it just went on and I didn't like it.  I really like Pearce (Memento-yeah!) and Renner (I loved him on The Unusuals which is on hulu for Americans who might be interested).  I didn't know the other actors but they were fine.  It was the story I didn't like.

I'm really disappointed that I didn't love this movie.  But it still counts toward me watching all of the best picture winners (remember I'm over halfway there!)

1 comment:

  1. I confess that I don't have a wish to see this movie. I don't know, the trailer didn't attract me. But never say never, right? I'm sorry you couldn't like it, but you can't like everything. It's impressive that you're halfway through the Oscar winners!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting-I love to read your thoughts! Feel free to leave a link to your latest post so I can stop by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...