[Sorry, no picture]
What I've Learned So Far From Keeping This Blog:
1. I can be a very determined reader. I used to start many books but only finish a few. I always read multiple books at a time, provided they are different genres so the storylines are perfectly distinct. I have checked books out that I didn't end up reading but I never opened a book and not end up finishing it.
2. When I have my own house, I will definitely need a room just for my books and to make sure that my budget includes plenty of book money. The library is a great resource but there's just something about owning the books that really appeals to me.
3. I have been sussing out my and my sister's taste. While we both have a somewhat pessimistic view of the world, our reading tastes are practically opposite. She has a "the world sucks so I will read books reflecting that dark side" while I have "the world sucks so I will escape into magical worlds in my books where things end great" position. I mean, overall I think I'm a pretty happy, optimistic person but sometimes I'm overwhelmed.
4. I don't think I will be able to continue to post everyday. I've been pushing myself to create an archive of posts but that is just not manageable anymore. I want more time to read, less time writing about what I've read.
5. I don't currently have a desk for my laptop and this has made it unpleasant to read through book blogs; thus I am very behind on reading the posts others have made. When I go back to school in January, I will work on catching up. I want to know what others are reading although I do have a huge TBR list.